We're glad you've stopped by. Our site is getting an overhaul right now so we can add new features to make the site more useful to students in the future. For now, you can visit the following links to find out about our 2013 courses.
Please visit the CAVI Training site to learn about the academy or visit our wiki for FAQs and complete descriptions of our courses.
The following courses are open for enrollment for Semester 2 2013 starting in August. Enrollment is easy and is open to any person with a visual impairment.
- Audio Editing Fundamentals, an introduction to audio editing
- Computers 101, an introductory course for learning to use a computer and screenreader with both a Windows and Mac version
- Intro to HTML 5 and CSS, a course that teaches blind people to create attractive websites for business or pleasure
- CMS Fundamentals, a course that will teach students how to build and manage larger websites using the WordPress framework
- Intro to the Raspberry Pi, a course that covers command line Linux basics and Operating the Raspberry Pi, a miniature computer.
- IT Essentials, a course that teaches computer hardware, operating systems, troubleshooting, and repair
If you want to take any of these courses, your first step is to fill out our enrollment form and email it to us at email@example.com . If you are taking the Computer 101 course, you can call us instead of filling out the form. The phone number is 914-620-2284.
Once we receive your enrollment form, we'll contact you by email to set up a short, confidential voice chat or phone call so you can ask any questions you might have, and we can explain how our courses work. This is a good time for you to find out if our courses will meet your needs and discuss any needs for accomodation if you have multiple disabilities.
You may be wondering what kind of tools or equipment you'll need to take our courses. Check out our Tools For Student Success page to see what you'll need.
Free Course Samples
Would you like to listen to some of our courses to see what they're like? If so, visit our free trial courses page. You can download mp3 files on that page and listen to them in any player such as Winamp, iTunes, or Windows Media Player. You can even put them on your iPhone, Stream, or BookSense and listen to them on the go.